Welcome to the legal information part of www.perpetualprudence.com. Either you’re curious to see what you’re signing up to (I don’t make you sign away your soul by using this website), you’re trying to sue me (good luck motherfucker), or you’re some type of law-nerd (if those even exist?). In any case, I hope you find the information that you’re looking for.
Within this section of the website you can find the following:
General Disclaimers which give you more information about the Site in general and provide some good-to-know information when using this Site.
Financial Disclaimers which give you information about the financial-specific aspects of the Site.
Terms of Service which outline the rules of using this Site.
Language of the Legal Information
- “Haydn” refers to the owner/author of this website, Haydn Martin.
- “the Site”, “this Site”, “the website”, “this website”, “the blog”, “this blog”, “the Services”, “the Platform” or “this platform” refer to this website, www.perpetualprudence.com.
- “I”, “our”, “us”, “we”, “Perpetual Prudence” or “Periculum” refer to the business, PERICULUM LTD.
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- All content within this website reflects Haydn’s views and opinions. All content is in no way associated with past, present, or future companies that Haydn has been, is, or will be associated with.
- This content is to be used for entertainment purposes ONLY. The content on this blog should not be viewed as any type of advice. Haydn is not a licensed professional in any field. He is simply sharing his own experiences and opinions. ALWAYS seek professional advice when doing anything associated with any topic mentioned in this blog.
- Use this information at your own risk. Under no circumstances can Haydn be held liable to you for any kind of loss or damage, either direct or indirect, as a result of the use of this site or as a result of any information contained within this site.
- This blog is authentic but is prone to errors and absence of some key information. The information contained within this site is provided on an “as is” basis, with absolutely no gaurantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timelessness and without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied.
- The content on this site is subject to change. We reserve the right to change any content on this site, at any time. This is a blog, so content within this site can be changed in any way that we deem to be appropriate.
- This blog may contain affiliate links. This means that we receive money if you buy something through one of these links. You won’t pay an increased price but we receive a commission by directing you to this purchase. Assume every link is an affiliate link, unless explicitly stated otherwise.
- The content on this site is protected by copyright law. All rights reserved. No reproduction without permission.
By using this website, you accept this disclaimer in full. If you disagree with ANY part of this disclaimer, please do not use www.perpetualprudence.com. We reserve the right to modify these terms at any time.
All content contained within this Site is information only.
It is intended to be used for entertainment purposes and should not, under any circumstances, be interpreted as financial/investment advice/recommendations.
- It is not financial advice: we do not give advice/recommendations on how to make financial decisions.
- It is not investment advice: we do not give advice/recommendations on how to buy/sell financial assets of any kind or about investment strategy in a general sense.
All types of investment are accompanied by investment risk.
The value of investments, and income derived from these investments, fluctuate. You may not get back all of your investment. You may lose more than your original investment. Do not invest any money you cannot afford to lose.
Past performance is neither a guarantee nor a reliable indicator of future returns.
If you are not absolutely sure of the risks associated with any investment, you must consult a regulated and registered financial adviser before investing.
Your investments are your responsibility
You are responsible for your own investment decisions.
We take no responsibility, and do not accept any liability of any kind, for you acting as a result of any information on this website. Use the information on this Site for entertainment purposes only. Do your own research and consult with a registered and regulated financial adviser before making any investment decisions.
The information on this Site does not take your personal situation into account. Your decisions will depend on your unique situation, something the writers on this Site can not and do not take into account. Any information on this Site may not apply to you and your situation.
Do not, under any circumstances, make and financial/investment decisions based on any information on this Site. Always seek professional help from registered and regulated financial advisers.
Terms of Service
Please read these Terms of Service carefully. By using this website you are agreeing to the rules and regulations outlined below. If you do not agree to ALL the conditions outlined in this section, please do not use www.perpetualprudence.com.
Minimum Age Requirements
This content on this site is not aimed at children and some may view some of the content on the Site as inappropriate for younger audiences. Access to and use of the Site is only permitted to those over the age of 13 (or 16 in the European Union). If you are younger than this, you do not have permission to use the Site.
Responsibility of Visitors and Users
We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the content (such as, but not limited to, text, photo, video, audio, code, computer software, items for sale, or other materials) posted to the Site by users or anyone else (“Content”) and are not responsible for any use or effects of such Content. So, for example:
- We do not endorse any Content or represent that Content is accurate, useful, or non-harmful. Content could be offensive, indecent, or objectionable; include technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, or other errors; or violate or infringe the privacy, publicity rights, intellectual property rights, or other proprietary rights of third parties.
- If you post Content, a comment, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) Content available on the Site, you are entirely responsible for the Content, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct.
- We disclaim any responsibility for any harm resulting from anyone’s use, purchase, or downloading of Content. If you access or use any Content, you are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content.
We also have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and web pages that link to, or are linked from the Site. For example:
- We do not have any control over those websites and are not responsible for their contents or their use.
- The existence of a link to or from the Site does not represent or imply that we endorse such website.
- You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content.
- We disclaim any responsibility for any harm resulting from non-Site websites.
General Representation and Warranty
You represent and warrant that your use of the Site:
- Will be in strict accordance with these Terms;
- Will comply with all applicable laws and regulations (including, without limitation, all applicable laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content, privacy, data protection, and the transmission of technical data exported from the country in which you reside);
- Will not use the Site for any unlawful purposes, to publish illegal content, or in furtherance of illegal activities;
- Will not infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property rights of any third party;
- Will not disclose sensitive personal information of others;
- Will not be used to send spam or bulk unsolicited messages;
- Will not interfere with, disrupt, or attack any service or network; and
- Will not be used to create, distribute, or enable material that is – or that facilitates or operates in conjunction with – malware, spyware, adware, or other malicious programs or code.
As we ask others to respect our intellectual property rights, we respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or associated with the Site or products and services associated with the Site violates your copyright, please notify us. We will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. We will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Site if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Periculum or others. In the case of such termination, we will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to us.
The Agreement does not transfer from Periculum to you any Periculum or third party intellectual property, and all right, title, and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Periculum. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos used in connection with the Site may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Site grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Periculum or third party trademarks.
We are constantly updating the Site and that means sometimes we have to change the legal terms under which the Site is offered. These Terms may only be modified by a written amendment signed by Haydn. If we make changes that are material, we will let you know by posting on one of our blogs, or by sending you an email or other communication before the changes take effect. The notice will designate a reasonable period of time after which the new terms will take effect. If you disagree with our changes, then you should stop using the Site within the designated notice period, or once the changes become effective. Your continued use of the Site will be subject to the new terms. However, any dispute that arose before the changes shall be governed by the Terms (including the binding individual arbitration clause) that were in place when the dispute arose.
We may terminate your access to all or any part of the Site at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. We have the right (though not the obligation) to, in our sole discretion terminate or deny access to and use of any of the Site to any individual or entity for any reason. We will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
If you wish to terminate the Agreement or your account, you may simply discontinue using the Site, or, if you are using a paid service, you may cancel at any time, subject to the Fees, Payment, and Renewal section in these Terms.
All provisions of the Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
Disclaimer of Warranties
The Site is provided “as is”. Periculum and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Periculum, nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Site will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content through, the Site at your own discretion and risk.
Limitation of Liability
In no event will Periculum, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of the Agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or Site; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed £50 or the fees paid by you to Periculum under the Agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action, whichever is greater. Periculum shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Periculum, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against any and all losses, liabilities, demands, damages, costs, claims, and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of or related to your use of the Site, including but not limited to your violation of the Agreement, Content that you post, and any ecommerce activities conducted through your or another user’s website.
The Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Periculum and you concerning the subject matter hereof. If any part of the Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of the Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof.
You may assign your rights under the Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; Periculum may assign its rights under the Agreement without condition. The Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
What are Cookies?
A cookie is a data file that contains information about the sites you visit online. They can be accessed by owners of websites. Cookies can tell you any of the following:
- How each site visitor arrived at your site
- How many times each page on your site was viewed by a visitor
- Inform you when a specific visitor uses your site
For more information, please visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org/
What Cookies are used on this website?
One or more of these types of Cookies may be used on this website at any time:
- Necessary Cookies: These are essential to the user in terms of moving around the Site and the features of the Site.
- Personalisation Cookies: These Cookies are used to change what you see on the website and where you are directed to, in order to personalise your experience of this website. This is inferred from either your behaviour on the Site, or information we already may know about you.
- Analytical Cookies: These Cookies are used to enhance our Services, based on the behaviour of users. User behaviour on the Site is tracked and analysed, and used to help improve the functionality of this Site.
- Advertising Cookies: These Cookies record your activities on this Site. For example, they track what links you open; the pages you visit; and if and how you view our emails. They gather information about which websites you visit. Periculum and/or others may use this information to generate more relevant advertisements.
- Cross-Device Cookies: These Cookies are used to try and locate the same unique user across multiple browsers or devices.
- Third-Party Cookies: These Cookies may be used by third parties on this website. We have little control over these types of Cookies, so we recommend that you check the privacy policies of other websites you use.
How can I turn off Cookies?
You have a right to control some of the Cookies we use on this website.
For more information about how to limit Cookie usage, please visit https://www.cookiesandyou.com/disable-cookies/macos/chrome/
Note that you cannot disable necessary Cookies, as these are essential to the functionality of this website.
Cookie consent: https://www.privacypolicies.com/cookie-consent/
Policy key definitions:
- “GDPR” means General Data Protection Act.
- “PECR” means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- “ICO” means Information Commissioner’s Office.
Key principles of GDPR:
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases:
We are registered with the ICO under the Data Protection Register, our registration number is: ZA544833
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Your individual rights
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Fair & Transparent Privacy Explained
We have provided some further explanations about user privacy and the way we use this website to help promote a transparent and honest user privacy methodology.
Sponsored links, affiliate tracking & commissions
Clickable sponsored or affiliate links may be displayed as a website URL like this; www.perpetualprudence.com or as a titled text link like this: Perpetual Prudence. Clicking on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links may track your actions by using a Cookie saved to your device. You can read more about cookies on this website here.
Your actions are usually recorded as a referral from our website by this Cookie. In most cases, we earn a very small commission from the advertiser or advertising partner, at no cost to you, whether you make a purchase on their website or not.
We use advertising partners in these ways to help generate an income from the website, which allows us to continue our work and provide you with the best overall experience and valued information.
If you have any concerns about this we suggest you do not click on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links found throughout the website.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal data” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software/applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations, will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (by unsubscribing) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time. See any marketing messages for instructions on how to unsubscribe or manage your preferences.
Our EMS provider is; MailChimp. We hold the following information about you within our EMS system;
- First name
- Email address
- I.P address
- Subscription time & date